Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

aloha WWW!

I've asked my sister Tommie Sloan, who is an out-of-the-box graphic artist, to work with me on my logo and web design. I'm working on getting it put together and ready to launch hopefully by mid September! I'm so excited.

I'm prepping some of my galleries and fretting over the fine tuning details of my photos and the layout. LOL I should probably take a deep breath before I keel over! 

 I've decided that my logo should represent me. Not a culmination of shapes and someones idea of awesomeness into a symbol I have to adopt. Me. I admit my handwriting is terrible, I make doctor notes looks like Times New Roman hee hee.. however I signed my initials, and decided that was what I want to represent me. It's my own little scribble and I love it.

I've had alot of introspection over the last few weeks. I'm trying to come up with ideas, to figure out what I want, and how I want them. And the words "you are the best at being you" keep coming to mind. So I'm constantly re-directing and focusing inward, on Amber. Then I just pull from myself. It's much harder than it sounds. There is the urge to try and figure out what's trendy, or what would be attention grabbing instead of what really just represents me as I am.

I am simple, minimal, earthy clumsy and a little quirky. My brain runs a mile a minute, I love to laugh and want to always leave behind the ugly in life and enjoy the brighter spots in my day.  Blue makes me happy, paint makes me happy,  capturing the world around me as it moves makes me happy.

I'm moving into a new place on the 29th (hooray!) so that will be a bit of an exciting fiasco but I look forward to the comfort of putting myself into each nook and cranny of a new home with a new friend.

Onward and upward...

No comments:

Post a Comment