Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

oh thursday...

Thursdays are perfect. You feel the end-of-week excitement when you wake up and realize it's not Wednesday, the weekend is close!

Thursdays are lame. When you "Wednesday was yesterday" emotional peak hits, you are instantly deflated when you realize that you have another whole day after today! ;)

I'm loving my new Canon. It's not the creme de la creme, but it's pretty super. I'm of the mindset that you can have your cake and eat it too.

I want a small, easy to operate camera. Advanced settings, high megapixels, shake reduction, optical stabilization, lots of zoom, excellent macro functions, something that's intuitive and can sense what kind of picture I'm taking. And when I choose a setting is excels in performance. It also have to be Amberproof. Water, dirt, shave ice, sand, hand lotion, coffee, car keys, in backpack with frozen water bottle, back pocket with change, dropped on asphalt, dropped down the stairs, dropped in a puddle, dropped dropped dropped kind of amberproof. And it's must survive being dropped, did I mention that? 

Enter the love of my life, my Pentax Optio W90... well, not replaced with the WG1. *sigh* As my friends 5 year old would say "It makes my eyes turn into hearts!" And I still can spit on the lense, wipe it with my shirt, or rinse under a beach shower with it strapped to my hand and carry on with my day. Talk about have my cake and eat it too. Heck my cake AND your cake!

So my new Canon seems to be almost along the same lines. Not in the rugged department. But it's lightweight, DSLR like, but with 35x zoom I can tell you what kind of food is stuck in the teeth of the lady across the parking lot. And ask my friends, that's totally the kind of picture I would be thrilled to take haha. Awesome features, custom settings like a DSLR without toting around a handful of lenses constantly. I will definitely  move up from this.

However I took the advice of Dane Sanders: start small and work your way up. But who says starting at the bottom means you have to compromise what you want? A little research and creativity and I'm a happy camper.

Keep in mind that even though it's still on Thursday, in my mind it's almost Saturday. :)

onward and upward...

No comments:

Post a Comment