With all the talk about Black Friday and Cyber Monday, I almost overlooked the fact that right in between these two isSmall Business Saturday, on November 26th, 2011. Small Business Saturday is a day when we all try to “shop small” – a time of coming together to celebrate America’s small businesses.
This short video about Small Business Saturday (by American Express), which explains it much better than I can.
Small businesses also include your local Etsy artisans. Did you know there is a simple way to find Etsy sellers in your area? Just go to the Etsy website and click the Shop Local link found in the left navigation menu. (If you’ve never heard of Etsy, you have to try it out. It is one of the largest online marketplaces for handmade products, in the world! I have been on Etsy with my adalia studios shop since January, and I really love the global audience it affords. And as a shopper, I totally love all the fabulous and unique handmade products I can find, at very reasonable prices.)
If you’ve never used the Shop Local feature on Etsy, here are a few visual aids to get you started. As an Etsy seller, I also love using this feature to find other Etsy sellers in my area. It’s pretty cool to find so many other creative people around me, that I never knew were there!
I hope you’ll consider supporting your local small businesses this weekend. I know that we all will appreciate that, since it is really tough for many small businesses to survive in this economy. If you’d like to shop with Bagalicious this weekend, make sure to grab the coupon code SMBIZSATURDAY for 25% off your entire order!
Do you have any local Etsy businesses that you use? I’d love to hear about it. Just post a reply in the comments area below.
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving week!


No comments:
Post a Comment